By entering the Art Sprinter Competition you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions and warrant that:
- Competition – an international art competition The Art Sprinter, organized and managed by The Art Sprinter LLC, for the purposes of providing artists from all over the world an opportunity to participate in the group exhibition (“Exhibition”) and to win cash prizes.
- Competition Season – duration of the Competition, assigned by the Organizer. The Competition Season consists of the Submission Period, Winners Announcement Period, Shipping Period, Exhibition Period, and Artworks Return Period.
- Competition Website – domain name and website (www.theartsprinter.com), which is used by Organizer for purposes of organizing, promoting, and maintaining the Competition.
- Competition Winners – three artists which artworks were selected by the Jury from the list of Winners of the Week; each Competition Winner is eligible for Cash Prize.
- Entry Fee – amount collected by Organizer from Participants for participation in the Competition.
- Exhibition Catalog – brochure, prepared by the Organizer for promotional purposes; at the discretion of the Organizer, the Exhibition Catalog will be distributed during the Group Show and will be available for purchase after the exhibition on the Competition Website.
- Exhibition Period – amount of time, specified by the Organizer, during which artworks of the Winners of the Week and Winners will be exhibited for public in the same gallery or exhibition space, where the Group Show takes place.
- Featured Participant – the Competition participants, which artworks were selected by the Juror to be published on the Competition website for a period of one year.
- Group Show – exhibition in the gallery or exhibition space, assigned by the Organizer for each Competition Season, where artworks by the Winners of the Week will be exhibited and proposed for sale.
- Jury – an expert or team of experts assigned by Organizer who select each Winner of the Week and the Competition Winners.
- Organizer – The Art Sprinter competition is organized by the Art Sprinter, LLC, New York based Limited Liability Company with the offices in Brooklyn, and its subsidiaries.
- Participant – person who by submitting his/her works in order to use Services agrees to follow the proposed Terms and Conditions.
- Services – opportunity to participate in the Group Show and receive Cash Prizes, provided by the Organizer.
- Submission Period – period of time, assigned by the Organizer for submission of artworks by Participants willing to participate in the Competition.
- Winner of the Week – the Participants, which artworks were selected by the Jury to participate in the Group Show; each Winner of the Week is eligible for online promotion at the discretion of the Organizer.
The Art Sprinter competition is organized by the Art Sprinter LLC, New York based Limited Liability Company with the offices in Brooklyn, and its subsidiaries.
The Summer 2015 Competition Season will run from February 22, 2015 through 11:59 pm EST on May 3, 2015. Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered for judging.
The Competition offers participants a chance to participate in the Group Show (specific location is assigned by Organizer to each Competition Season); Cash Prize for Competition Winners ($1,000, $350, and $150, respectively, if not specified other); online promotion for the Winners of the Week and Featured Participants; opportunity to publish artworks in the Exhibition Catalog.
4. The Jury.
4.1. Member of the Jury. Juror(s) for each Competition Season are assigned by the Organizer and announced on the Competition Website.
4.2. The Jury’s Decision. Any decision of the Jury in relation to any matter arising under these Terms and Conditions is final. Reasons will not be given for any such decision and the Jury will not enter into any correspondence regarding the merits of any submissions or decision.
5. Selection Procedure.
5.1. Winner of the Week. Each week during the Competition Season the Jury selects the Winner of the Week; each Winner of the Week is eligible for participation at the Group Show.
5.2. Competition Winners. At the end of the Competition Season, the Jury selects three Winners of the Competition among previously selected Winners of the Week, assigning Prizes for three best artists of the Competition.
6. Artworks Submission.
6.1. Submission Limitations. Each Participant may apply only once during the Competition Season. The Participant may not amend his/her entry form or any other information once it has been submitted, Competition entries cannot be revised or altered once submitted.
6.2. Technical Limitations. Artworks submitted for the Competition must fit the technical limitations of the galleries (e.g. size and dimensions). The Organizer shall provide artwork size limitations for each Competition Season on the Competition Website.
6.3. Eligibility. All works of art, regardless of category or media are eligible for submission.
6.4. Accepted Format. Entries should be submitted in the following formats: .jpeg, .tiff, .png, .pdf.
6.5. Entry Fee. To enter the Competition, the Participant shall register a profile on the Competition Website and pay Entry Fee ($10 for three images, $15 for three images, and $30 for ten images, if not specified other). All competition fees are mandatory and non-refundable.
By entering the Competition, the Participant grants the Organizer reproduction rights over the artworks submitted to create Exhibition Catalogue; archive the images of submitted artworks; publicize the artworks on the Website and in any other form of communication chosen by the Organizer; use images of artworks for marketing and promotional purposes; reproduce artworks at the Exhibition Catalogue; display the artworks at the Group Show; and for any other purposes which are not prohibited by law.
8.1. Shipping Expenses. Winners of the Week, whose artworks were selected for the Group Show, are responsible for all shipping expenses, including shipping of the eligible for Group Show artworks to the gallery or exhibition space assigned by the Organizer for the Group Show and back.
8.2. Return Shipping. All shipped artworks must include a prepaid return label or the filled-out Credit Card Authorization Form (available per request).
8.3. Shipping Deadlines. Delivery and collection of the artworks for each Competition Season must be conducted within the days and times outlined by the Organizer on the Competition Website.
8.4. Packaging. The Participant is responsible for preparing artworks for shipping. The Organizer is not responsible for any damage made during shipping due to the inappropriate, unsafe or insufficient packaging.
8.5. Labeling. Artwork should be signed and labeled on the reverse side with the following information:
- Artist’s First and Last Name;
- Date of Birth;
- Full Title of the artwork;
- Year of creation;
- Sale Price.
8.6. Additional Expenses. The Participant shall cover any additional shipping expenses, which may occur due to a failure of the Participant to meet any transportation deadlines assigned by the Organizer.
9.1. Shipping Insurance. The Organizer, its officers and agents will not bear liability for any loss or damage to any work while in transit to or from the location of Group Show. The Winner of the Week should arrange insurance with the shipping company when sending the artwork.
9.2. On Premises. The artworks presented for the Group Show will be insured while it is on the Organizer’s premises to a maximum value of up to $10,000 per artwork.
10. Installation Instructions.
All installation/deinstallation instructions must be emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Organizer at least seven (7) days before the Opening Reception.
11. Group Show.
11.1. Eligibility. Winners of the Week are eligible to participate at the Group Show. At the end of Submission Period the Organizer shall contact each Winner of the Week with the announcement which of the submitted artworks were selected by the Jury for participation in the Group Show.
11.2. Shipping Expenses. Winners of the Week are responsible for all shipping expenses, including return shipping, as specified under paragraphs 8.1. and 8.2.
11.3. Artworks Availability. By entering the Competition, the Participant guarantees that the submitted artworks are available for the Group Show and during the Exhibition Period.
11.4. Sales. All artworks presented at the Group Show are for sale. Each Winner of the Week should provide the artwork price while shipping the artwork (see paragraph 8.5). The Winner of the Week may contact the Organizer asking for a suggestion about artwork price via email (email@example.com). If the Winner of the Week refuses to sell artworks, he/she must announce it to the Organizer via above provided email at least three days before the announced date of the Group Show.
11.5. Artwork Returns. All participants of the Group Show are responsible for all shipping expenses, including return shipping. For further instructions, please see paragraph 8.2. Return Shipping should be arranged within three weeks after the end of the Exhibition Period. All artworks that were not requested for return (meaning: no return shipping label attached or filled-out Credit Card Authorization Form submitted) will be automatically considered as donations to the Organizer.
11.6. Donations. All participants of the Group Show who would like to donate their artworks to the Organizer, shall fill-out the Donation Form.
11.7. Attendance. The Organizer does not demand but recommends Winners of the Week to attend the Group Show. All participants of the Group Show are required to inform the Organizer about their attendance availability at least three days prior to the Group Show.
11.8. Catalogue. The Organizer reserves the right to print the Exhibition Catalogue for the Group Show. By entering the Competition, the Participant agrees with Organizer’s right to include Participant’s artworks in the Catalogue. While there is no additional charge for the Participant to be included into the Catalogue, the Organizer maintains ownership of the Catalogue and will sell them to defray production and printing costs. The catalog will be available for purchase after the Group Show on the Competition’s Website. The Organizer also reserves its right to publish any sponsors materials as defines by Sponsorship Agreement.
The Organizer’s commission on any artwork sold online, during the Group Show and Exhibition Period is 50%.
13. Organizer’s Rights and Obligations.
13.1. Changes of Rules, Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, the Participant agrees with these rules and other directions published on the Competition Website. In the event of discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and the Competition announcements, the Competition announcements shall prevail.
13.2. Cancellation Rights. The Organizers reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition at any time by the special announcement placed on Competition’s Website. They also reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition Rules at any time without prior notice.
13.3. Marketing and Promotion. The Organizer and its subsidiaries reserve the right to use any submitted files in promotional and marketing purposes, including but no limiting to online distribution and advertising, Exhibition Catalog printing, social media promotion etc.
13.4. Limitation of Liability. In the event of bringing a lawsuit or assert in any forum any claim whatsoever against the Organizer, its employees, jurors, principals, agents, representatives, officers, in connection or related to the Participant’s entry to the Competition, the Organizer’s representation of the Participant and/or relationship between the Organizer and the Participant whatsoever the Participant hereby unconditionally consent to:
a) the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New York, New York County, and New York law shall apply for the adjudication of any such claim, and
b) the Organizer shall be entitled to recover from the Participant all of its costs and expenses relating to any such proceeding including, without limitation, its attorneys’ fees.
13.5. Links To Third Party Websites. The Organizer is not responsible for any links to third party websites that controlled and maintained by others. By entering the Competition, the Participant agrees that the Organizer is not responsible for the content or availability of any such websites.
14. Participants Rights and Obligation.
14.1. Acceptable Use. By using the Competition Website/Services the Participant agrees not to:
- Use the Services to send junk email, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise.
- Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise.
- Threaten abuse, disrupt, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Use any information or material in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary right of any party.
- Make available or upload files that contain a virus, worm, Trojan or corrupt data that may damage the operation of the computer or property of another.
- Collect or store personal information about others, including email addresses.
- Advertise or offer to buy or sell goods or services for any commercial purpose, unless such communication facility specifically allows such messages.
- Impersonate any person or entity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Use the Competition Website/Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Competition Website/Services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Competition Website/Services.
- Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that the participant does not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or confidential information disclosed in the course of employment or under a confidentiality agreement).
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website/Services through hacking, password mining or any other means.
14.2. Warranties. By entering the Competition the Participant guarantees to submit the Participant’s sole original artworks. The Participant warrants that he is entitled to reproduce and exploit any underlying rights in the work. The Participant indemnifies the Organizer against any loss resulting from breach of these warranties.
14.3. Copyright. By entering the Competition, the Participant agrees not to post, distribute, or reproduce in any way copyrighted material, trademarks, or any other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
14.4. Privacy. By entering this Competition, the Participants agree that their contact information and images submitted for the Competition may be shared by the Organizers, their subsidiaries and independent reseller partners, as well as the Jury, for administrative, marketing, and retail purposes.
14.5. Submission Restrictions. The artworks submitted for the Competition shall not include pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive material, violence or gore and/or racist material.
14.6. Disputes. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, selection process, results of the Competition, and all other matters related to the Competition, the decision of the Organizer and the Jury shall be final; no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
14.7. Request for Information. The Participant may be asked at any time to provide all relevant proof of the accuracy of any submitted information to the satisfaction of the Organizer.
 Organizer reserves its right to collect 50% commission for each sold artwork (online or during the Group Show).